It's that time of year again, with Spring just around the corner and another Father's Day almost here. Make some memories with Dad this year, by treating him to a Father's Day experience in Sydney or NSW.
Whether it's enjoying a tour of Sydney's best craft breweries, or getting out in Regional NSW on a road trip adventure, Sydney and NSW has so much to offer Dad's young and old.
Destination NSW CEO, Sandra Chipchase said: “Celebrate with Dad this Father's Day by getting out and about and enjoying the best of Sydney and NSW. Whether it's indulging at one of our great inner city restaurants or heading out to Regional NSW for something a little more adventurous, Spring is a great time to enjoy the best of what our state has to offer.”
Destination NSW offers these ten suggestions for Father's Day in Sydney and NSW:
- Meat up: Treat Dad to a meaty feast at Vic's Meat Market Wagyu Bar. Positioned as a cellar door with meat, Vic's is the perfect place to enjoy a cut of Australia's best wagyu teamed with a glass of red. Head to LP's Quality Meats in Chippendale to enjoy a delicious selection of smoked and cured dishes such as 15 Hour BBQ Beef Short Rub or BBQ Chicken with a Paprika & Dill Rub
- Get crafty: Sydney's craft brewing scene is hot right now so a guided tour to some of the city's best microbreweries with Dad is perfect. Dave's Brewery Tours gives you a behind-the-scenes look, and taste, of the coolest names in the business such as Young Henrys in Newtown, The Henson in Marrickville or Willie the Boatman in St Peters and the Royal Albert Hotel in Surry Hills. If Dad is more of a spirits man, take him to the very cool Archie Rose Distilling Co in Rosebery where you can enjoy a bespoke whisky blending experience where he'll have the opportunity to create his very own personal blend
- Dude food: Sometimes the best meals are the simplest ones. Treat Dad to some epic dude food at one of Sydney's best burger joints. You can't go past Neil Perry's Burger Project, Mary's or Chur Burger for the ultimate burger and shake combo. For dude food with a Jamaican twist, check out newcomer Rosie Campbell's for Soft Shell Crab Burgers and Dem Belly Full Jerk Ribs
- Manscape: For some old fashioned pampering, or manscaping as we call it these days, book Dad in for a straight-edged razor shave or barbershop haircut at the spaQ Barber Shop at QT Sydney. With treatments such as Mr. Bond and The Don, Dad will be dapper in no time. For a haircut with a twist visit The Barber Shop on York Street, a truly unique barbershop and cocktail bar in one
- Don your chef's whites: Whether Dad is a whiz in the kitchen or needs some culinary help; a cooking class together is a great way to bond while learning some new skills in the kitchen. A wide range of classes are available in Sydney, from learning how to cook the perfect steak at Williams-Sonoma, or back to basics with Burger and Pizza Masterclasses at Salt Meats Cheese.
- Saddle up: Give Dad his very own Man from Snowy River moment in the Snowy Mountains, home to Australia's five highest peaks and only glacial lakes. Spring is the perfect time to saddle up with Dad and take part in a horse-riding adventure with Snowy River Horseback Adventure, where you'll witness stunning scenery, real adventure and wildlife in this incredible alpine wilderness
- Take stock: The largest sand dune system in Australia is located at Stockton Beach just 30 minutes from Newcastle. This place has to be seen to be believed, and is best explored by quad bike with Sand Dune Adventures where their knowledgeable guides will take you and Dad on a dune adventure like no other. Cool down afterwards at Murray's Breweryand enjoy a craft beer or glass of NSW wine
- Get out of town: If Dad is a bit of petrol head or just loves getting out on the road, there are fun new ways to get out of town. Cliff to Coast Sports Car Drives takes you for a spin in a Porsche along Sea Cliff Bridge and the Grand Pacific Drive south of Sydney, and inland to the pretty Southern Highlands, giving you and Dad the chance to get behind the wheel of four different Porsches
- Climb on: Head to the South Coast's Shoalhaven for some of the best rock-climbing in the world. Hundreds of routes are available for beginners through to more experienced climbers in stunning locations. Outdoor Raw and Climb Nowra can customize your Father's Day climbing experience to make it a day to remember
- Grin and bear it: Give Dad a taste of real adventure by signing him up to a Bear Grylls Survival Academy Course with Glenworth Valley Outdoor Adventures , involving 24 hours of navigating without a compass, rock scrambling, abseiling, commando crawling and foraging for food within a wilderness property on the Central Coast.