To get your body ready before an important event means to feel and look great both outside and inside. For this, you should start with dieting and eating healthy and do exercises to make the result last. Getting your body perfectly slim in one week is, of course, an unrealistic goal, but it can serve as a good start for switching your lifestyle and continuing working on looking stunning always. Here are 10 tips from nutritionists and fitness trainers that you should take into consideration when planning to get your body ready in a short period of time:
1. Vegetables and fruits should make up two-thirds of the diet
If you are not ready to eat healthy, you will not succeed in either 10 days or a year. Proper nutrition is 80% of the success of a healthy body and beautiful figure. In order to look good, 2/3 of the diet should consist of vegetables and fruits. They are less calorie dense, so you can eat more, and, by the way, there is a huge variety of meal you can prepare having just veggies or fruits.
2. Live a place for something delicious
Also, fruits will help struggle less while refusing cookies and chocolates. The basic principle is as follows: you should eat healthy food 70% of the day and have the rest 30% for indulging yourself with some tasty snacks. By the way, it is a great opportunity how to know if a girl likes you through texting. If she has a sweet tooth but tries to eat healthy, she may be trying to lose weight to impress you.
3. No sugar, alcohol, and white bread
In order to quickly get in shape, eliminate sugar, alcohol, and white bread from your diet. Breakfast and dinner should be light, and lunch must be the biggest set of meal. Sugar triggers addiction and makes us unable to distinguish the taste of products, so quit it, and your body will only thank you.
4. Separate products
Properly separate the products. Meat and fish should be eaten with vegetables; potatoes and cereals should also be combined with vegetables.
5. Fat is worse than carbohydrates
It is believed that recovering from carbohydrates (bread, sweets, cakes, cereals, and potatoes) is the hardest for our organism, but it is not. We gain weight primarily because we eat as much fat in one day as we need for 3-4 days. And this happens unnoticed, or, more precisely, from ignorance!
6. Calculate your fat rate
It is very simple. If you, for example, weigh 55 kg, then your norm is 55 grams of fat per day. If you are overweight, the amount of fat that you can afford corresponds to the weight of which you dream. That is, you have 80 kilos, but you want 60, then eat no more than 60 grams of fat per day.
An interesting fact: nuts, which are considered a healthy snack, contain 60% fat. If you eat only 100 grams of nuts, then the excess fat will go to the reserve.
The curd mass, for example, contains 20g of fat, and this is half the daily norm. The same situation with hard cheeses: 40-60 grams of fat per 100 grams of the product.
7. Sugar kills skin, hair, and nails
Sugar absorbs calcium from the bones, as well as vitamin B, which is responsible for the health of the skin, hair, and nails. Subsequently, the skin becomes flabby, pimples and wrinkles appear. Replace high-calorie goodies with new bright emotions and summer walks or even with fruits and salads, after all.
Say no to the sweeteners too because they do not wean away from the desire to eat sweets and cause liver obesity. Even the most natural substitutes do not bring any good to our body – they are useless.
8. Be careful with drinks!
A glass of fresh fruit juice, as a rule, consists of three fruits (for example, three oranges). But if you want to lose weight, then you need to eat (and drink) no more than two fruits per day because the fruit is sugar. There is no fiber in the juice, which is responsible for satiety. Therefore, it is better to refrain from fresh juices for the week you are getting ready and eat whole fruits instead.
It is also worth refusing milkshakes, juices, and coffee with milk - we drink most of the calories, but not eat.
9. Work out and stay energetic
Do not forget about physical exercises. Even the most basic exercises will affect the body. If you have a goal to lose weight, then you need to eat nothing for an hour before a workout: it is hard to do sports when full. 10 to 30 minutes of light exercises a day is enough.
10. Stop eating 2 hours before bed
If your training session is at 8 pm, then you can safely have dinner after it, but it means you will fall asleep full and not feel so great. Try to move your gym schedule so that your last meal is at 9; then you can go to bed with a slight feeling of hunger.
The principle “eat less – lose weight faster” works, but not for long. We firmly believe that diets help us lose weight quickly, but then the metabolism slows down – and the person recovers again, returning to their usual routine.