With Easter eggs and hot cross buns already for sale in stores, Easter holiday plans are on everyone’s mind. To help you plan a fun-filled break, Brisbane Airtrain has compiled range of activities for all ages across the South East Queensland.
1. Queensland Museum – Egyptian Mummies Exhibition: Think you know mummies? Think again. Head to the Queensland Museum and discover the ancient world of Egypt and Egyptian mummies from March 16. Unravel the secrets behind their wrappings, explore more than 200 artefacts, and gain insight into the culture of ancient Egypt. Tickets are on sale now. http://www.mummies.qm.qld.gov.
2. Festival Brisbane 2018: Come along for a state-wide celebration of creativity at Festival Brisbane 2018 from April 4-15. A once-in-a-generation event, the festival offers dozens of options to keep you busy and enthralled for the entire week. Delve into Yarn storytelling and hear the true tales of Brisbane and its inhabitants. Mosey over to meet a four metres tall puppet, and pull on his strings to create your own story. Meet Sally and Possum live as they explore the world around them using Auslan sign language. With all the fun-filled activities the festival has to offer, you’ll never be bored! https://www.gc2018.com/
3. Gallery of Modern Art – Me, Myselfie and I: This interactive exhibition invites viewers of all ages to come and explore self-representation through a series of featured artworks. Children and adults alike are welcome to create a portrait which combines their own face with a family members to create a whole new image, or transform the artist’s work to create new images which explore cultural differences. https://www.qagoma.qld.gov.au/
4. Bricks n Fun LEGO Build Room: If you are constantly tripping over LEGO in your house, take your LEGO fan to visit Bricks n Fun’s LEGO build room in Capalaba. Spend up to two hours building whatever design you can imagine. With LEGO displays to incite your creative side, you will never lack inspiration for your creations. Sessions run throughout the day, check online for details. http://www.bricksnfun.com.au/
5. Movies Under the Stars: Pack a picnic, grab a camp-chair, and join friends and family for a free evening out under the stars watching a family-favourite. Head over to Broadwater Parklands to see Bruce Wayne protect Gotham City in the LEGO Batman movieat 7pm, or meet Gru’s long-lost brother in Despicable Me 3at Frascott Park with pre-movie kids activities from 4.30pm. Both locations will have food and beverages available for purchase. Don’t forget the mozzie spray!
6. Gold Run 2018: Get active these holidays by participating in a 5km community fun run. Test out a section of the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games 2018 Marathon course at the same time as the Marathon runners go for Gold over 42.195km. So grab your running shoes, slap on some sunscreen and take part in one of the biggest fun runs on the Gold Coast this year. https://wearegoldcoast.com.au/
7. Bleach* Festival: Running from March 29 to April 15, Bleach* Festival features a range of events across the Gold Coast area celebrating local art and culture. Events include a range of music, theatre and visual art performances ideal for all members of the family. https://www.
8. Easter at Capri: Celebrate Easter on March 31 with a morning of free family fun. From 9:00am to 1:00pm, Easter at Capri will feature face painting, arts and craft activities, an animal farm, balloon artistry, Easter giveaways and heaps of prizes to be won. The event will also host fun Easter characters – including the Easter Bunny – to keep the kids entertained all morning! https://theweekendedition.com.
Top tips thanks to Airtrain – the fastest and easiest way to reach Brisbane and surrounding suburbs and onto the Gold Coast from Brisbane Airport. . The Airtrain stops at all Gold Coast stations from Beenleigh to Varsity Lakes and with the newly launched tram connection at Helensvale, it has never been easier or more affordable to get to the Gold Coast’s glistening beaches to experience. It also takes you right to the city centre and South Bank close to the Convention Centre, hotels, shops and more so you can enjoy all the action right away.
· Early bird savers offering substantial discounts of up to 15 per cent if you book online seven or more days before travel*
· A Kids Travel Free policy for kids aged 14 years of age and under travelling between the Airport and Brisbane City stations when accompanied by an adult.
· For exclusive offers and discounts, customers are encouraged to book online prior to their travel date.
For further information, please visit www.airtrain.com.au.